Connection with the robust growth of the e-commerce market, the demand for warehouse employees will continue to rise. These employees are mainly responsible for the flow of goods within the warehouse processes, picking orders as well as for the supervision of the entire delivery process and, above all, for thereturns management. Authors of the recent report ‘How to get the hang of e-commerce in warehouses’ sheds the light on the situation of employees handling the e-commerce market in Poland’s warehouses.
The Polish industrial market offers a wide choice of suitable warehouse space to let, with achievable rents still being some of the lowest across Europe. Several key aspects are important to obtaining optimum rental rates for a tenant.
Eastern Poland continues to attract increasing interest from both Polish and overseas investors. Its cities, including Lublin, Białystok and Suwałki, are gaining favour with logistics and manufacturing firms planning to expand.
Warehouse stock dedicated to e-commerce in Poland has reached nearly 4 million sq m. The largest volumes of warehouse space available to online retailers are in the Łódzkie voivodeship (887,000 sq m), Lower Silesia (716,000 sq m) and Silesia (621,000 sq m). Global real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield has published its pioneering research How to handle e-commerce in a warehouse?, which includes an overview of the Polish industrial market from the perspective of e-commerce and key trends having the strongest impact on the sector’s further growth.
Fast delivery and labour requirements are key factors in the choice of a warehouse location for e-commerce tenants in Poland, say survey respondents. What is the importance of the fit-out and standard of space? How important are automation and welfare facilities to employees?
When it comes to making a decision about leasing warehouse space, a potential tenant should sort out some key issues such as what is the optimal length of a warehouse lease for the company’s operating needs.
The first quarter of 2019 witnessed 22 new completions which brought Poland’s total warehouse stock up to 16.3 million sq m. Total take-up hit 944,000 sq m, of which 74% was transacted under new leases and expansions while renegotiations made up the remaining 26%. The Polish industrial market reported 154 leases with the average transaction size being 6,130 sq m
The pace of yield compression decelerated across Europe’s commercial real estate markets in the first quarter of 2019, according to Cushman & Wakefield’s latest DNA of Real Estate report.
Are cutting-edge warehouse technologies a trump card for developers in their competition for tenants? What high-tech innovations have recently made their way into this sector and what do they do?
China secures top spot in index of global manufacturing location - Manufacturing Risk Index 2019 [REPORT]
Cushman & Wakefield’s Manufacturing Risk Index report shows formerly low-cost locations such as China and India are moving up the value production chain through country-sponsored support of technological adoption.
In the heart of the Lower Silesia region, construction works have started on S5 Wrocław North Gate, with 62,000 sqm planned. The first tenant, claiming in excess of 32,500 sqm, is GEFCO Poland – a supplier of integrated logistics services. The project will comply with the criteria of BREEAM In-Use certification.
Panattoni Europe is to build another logistics facility for Amazon as the sixth collaboration between the two companies. The e-commerce logistics centre totalling in excess of 44,800 sqm will be delivered in Pawlikowice near Łódź, providing permanent jobs to more than 1000 people. The investment is planned for completion by the end of 2019.
SMA Magnetics has leased nearly 14,000 sq m of manufacturing and office space at Goodman Kraków Airport Logistics Centre. The tenant was represented in the transaction by Konrad Jacewicz and Michał Sikora from global real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield.